What does a tour consist of?
Campus tours for prospective students and their families consist of:
- Video presentation with an overview of campus, programs and important processes
including Admissions and Financial Aid
- A guided walking tour of central campus, covering the University's academics, history, student life, and traditions
- Opportunity to speak with University Representatives
Appointments with admission counselors or representatives from a particular college/program are available on a limited basis upon special request. Please contact our offices for more information.
Note: Students wishing to visit the on-campus housing facilities should contact Camden Miramar at 361.825.5000 for availability. Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 9:00am to 10:00pm.
When are campus tours offered?
Campus tours are typically offered by appointment Monday through Friday at varying times through out the year. Please see our online scheduling system for specific dates and times.
Campus tours are not available on weekends, holidays, academic breaks (Spring Break), or on select University event days (Island Day/Orientation), or during certain office functions. Overnight accommodations for tours are not available.
How long do tours last?
Tours are typically 60-90 minutes in length depending on your tour guide and interest. Each tour time will begin with a video presentation, Question & Answer period, and then proceed on a walking tour.
Do I have to call and/or schedule a visit in advance?
Yes, please! In order to ensure availability and to guarantee a productive visit to campus, we ask that all tours be scheduled in advance. Click here to check our availability and to schedule a campus tour.
For your visit:
- We ask that you please arrive 10-15 minutes before your tour is scheduled to begin.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing. All tours consist of walking around the University, with a portion being outdoors.
- If you will require special accommodations during your visit, please contact the Islander Welcome Center directly to make arrangements at least two weeks prior to your scheduled tour.