Tour the Island
Student & family tours
What does a tour consist of?
Campus tours for prospective students and their families consist of:
- A guided walking tour of central campus, covering the University's academics, history, student life, and traditions
- A tour of our University's on-campus housing facilities (optional)
Appointments with admission counselors or representatives from a particular college/program are available on a limited basis upon special request. Please contact our offices for more information.
When are campus tours offered?
Campus tours are typically offered by appointment Monday through Saturday* at varying times through out the year. Please see our online scheduling system for specific dates and times.
Campus tours are not offered on Sundays, University holidays, or during certain office functions.
* The campus is closed on weekends, so many of the buildings available for public viewing during the week are inaccessible for tours visiting the campus on Saturday.
How long do tours last?
Tours are typically 60-90 minutes in length.
Do I have to call and/or schedule a visit in advance?
Yes, please! In order to ensure availability and to guarantee a productive visit to campus, we ask that all tours be scheduled in advance. Click here to check our availability and to schedule a campus tour.
For your visit:
- We ask that you please arrive 10-15 minutes before your tour is scheduled to begin.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- We are unable to provide any overnight accommodations.
- If you will require special accommodations during your visit, please contact the Office of New Student Programs directly to make arrangements.